Saturday, December 8, 2007


A customary representative of Christmas in December...




one of the favorites for the holidays - white hydrangeas...




always nice to have a little color in the garden...


but peppers in December? It's shocking but true. Think the postman shakes his head everytime he walks by the plant.
This is Lemon Pepper which came up with some larkspur (a clear casualty of seed dropping into a pot that it didn't belong in). While the larkspur have been long gone (beautiful Earl Grey Larkspur) the peppers continue to grow and produce massive amounts of fruit.

2 comments:

Weeping Sore said...

I love the peppers! You must be in Southern California. I just harvested the last of my eggplants this week before the rain.
Your hydrangeas are in bloom now? I've managed to kill mine in the process of learning they're not terribly drought tolerant. I have garden envy.

Heirloom Club said...

You are absolutely correct. It's southern California where these beauties are growing.

Funny you should mention eggplants - I was in the garden this morning considering which plants to dig up and noticed there are still three eggplants that appear to be doing quite well (with the exception of a few eaten corners from the leaves). Didn't have the heart to pull them up after all this time.

You know something - I think the hydrangeas thrive from neglect because rarely do I spend much time doing anything to them but spashing water on them every so often. They certainly make me smile everytime I see them...remind me of marshmallow pillows they're so white and fluffy looking.

Thanks for the the nice note and the reminder that there's much to be thankful of.