Friday, February 8, 2008

Stylish Peas?

While I can't believe it's February already, I'm placing several orders for new items to try and came across a reference in a catalog for a 'stylish' pea. Now, come on people. Stylish peas? Delicious peas, yummy peas, even strong peas...but 'stylish'? Good grief, who writes this stuff? Not to take away credit from anyone but 'stylish' isn't really what most home gardeners' look for in a pea. If it wasn't so silly, I'd actually have a good laugh.

Now, this pea is certainly 'interesting' to say the least. It's named 'Blondie' and it's a pale green pea with pale yellow pods. It's quite intriguing. But, since I can't imagine someone growing these to wear with the best shoes, I'd have to defer the 'stylish' for something a bit more fitting like a pair of chic leather garden gloves...

What are people doing in their gardens at the moment? I really need to get into the garden. Am having terrible gardening withdrawls.

2 comments:

Robin's Nesting Place said...

I was able to get out for a little while today and piddle about in the yard. I can't wait until spring.

kate said...

I came across your blog on Blotanical.com. Your post made me laugh - stylish peas is hilarious. I wonder who the fashion arbiter is for peas. I wonder how long trends last in the pea world! Good post.